What an awesome day, never thought I’d say that on a Monday. But it seems the ‘verse is giving me some loving.
I woke up this morning see that one of my newly discovered favourite authors (Jay Kristoff, co-author of Illuminae) tweeted back at me. OMG! I freaked out just a little bit. I know it’s not much but I got excited ok?
And then I got to work, went about my usual business when I received an email from Reader’s Warehouse to congratulate me for winning a YA fiction hamper. The hamper includes The Rest of Us Just Live Here, Everything Everything and I’ll Give You the Sun (plus three more titles). Thank you Reader’s Warehouse! You like made my day, my week, my year!!!
Like I said, best day ever. I’m so happy and so thankful. The ‘verse is great.
Anyway, this post is supposed to be a Book Haul but I just couldn’t resist sharing my happiness.
I bought a totally of 16 books in November, the book buying ban didn’t happen… I’m going to try and keep this book haul short since there are a lot of books to get through, but I’ll link all of the books to their Goodreads pages.
- The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen – Despite the fact that the reviews on Goodreads and Youtube were rather mixed I had to get it. It seems like one of those cases where you eager love or hate it and I’m hoping I’ll be one of those people who love it. Also the cover is gorgeous.
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater – I’ve heard so many great things about this series and started reading it a couple of days ago until I got distracted by Illuminae. But I will get back to it again once I finish Illuminae.
- Queen of Shadows and The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Maas – I am currently giving this series a break for reasons which I do not wish to explain right now (read: I just need some space, but it’s not over just yet.)
- Lullaby and Wake by Amanda Hocking – Got them at Bargain Book on a “3 books for R100” special.
- The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima – Heard so many great things about this author so when I saw this novel at the thrift store I had to get it.
- Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder – Confession, I thought this was the 2nd book in the series until yesterday. It’s actually the 3rd. Facepalm. But it was only R40.
- Eve and Adam by Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate – “3 for R100” special at Bargain books. I kept seeing this book all over Goodreads, not completely sure what its about but I got it anyway, mainly because I needed a third book for the special.
- The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Burdugo – The way I understand it this is an epic YA Fantasy, that on its own is enough to intrigue me so I ordered it from Reader’s Warehouse.
- A Thousand Nights by E.K Johnston – It’s an Arabian Nights retelling. Nuf said.
- Blood Promise by Richelle Mead – I need to finally finish this series. I need two more and then I can start reading.
- The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks – High Fantasy, seems interesting, heard a lot of good things about the author. Plus it was like R20 at the thrift store.
- Midnight by L.J Smith – My sister decided to buy me most of the Vampire Diaries series, this was the one book I was missing so I got it from the thrift store.
There are so many books on this list that I want to read like now but thats not going to happen because I have to adult and shit, which makes it really difficult to submerge yourself into a book. It sucks, but such is life.
That is it for today folks!
I’ll be back with my December TBR in a couple of days.