When I posted my last check-in it completely slipped my mind that the Rugby quarter finals was happening this week and I had planned to do most of my writing and reading on the weekend.
But alas! The world stands still when our boys are playing. Nothing else matters but getting the braai going, making sure you’re stocked up on biltong and screaming at a TV as though the team can actually hear us.
Eish, it was a stressful but South Africa’s through to the semi-finals, Whales played well, we were sloppy. And obviously we had to watch the France vs New Zealand game. Let me just say that I am already stressing that we are playing the All Blacks next week.
So you can imagine I didn’t get much done yesterday. Or the day before – I was babysitting the nephews.
But new books were delivered on Friday! I got Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist and I just could not resist reading it. So I did… And I finished it. And it made me super nostalgic… I’ll be posting a review on Friday!
What have I done since the last check in?
- Finish one of the novels I am currently reading – Ok, so maybe it wasn’t one of the novels that I was already reading, but I did finish Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist
- Begin a rough outline of my NaNoWriMo novel – I still need to get to this. I was suppose to do this yesterday but rugby. I blame rugby!
- Name this WIP – I did not figure of a name for it so it’s still TBC.
- Add novel to my NaNo profile – I did!
- Start revising the short story I completed last month – I meant to do it this weekend, didn’t happen but it will happen in this week.
- Post a book review on Friday – I didn’t manage to post a review but I do have a two reviews for this week, one of which is scheduled for tomorrow.
- And post at least 3 reviews on Goodreads – I posted 2 reviews on, and I’ll most likely post another tonight.
Goals for this week:
- Finish either Crown of Midnight or Clockwork Angel
- Post 2 reviews this week – Monday and Friday (Insurgent and Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist)
- Rough outline my WIP
- Do a book tag on my blog
- Revise short shory
How has everyone else’s weekend been? Anyone else been keeping track of the rugby?