It seems like my last book haul has sparked the book buying habit once again… Oops. However, while I have a sizable book haul, the reading slump I’ve been stuck in since July hasn’t improved much. I keep picking up a book, reading it like three-quarters in and then putting it down. I have no idea why and it is unsettling me because there a couple of novels next to my bed such as Truthwitch and If I Stay that are so close to being read finished… But I just don’t feel like picking them up again right now. And it is not because those books are not good, it is more so that September was a difficult academic month. In fact, every month since July has been a difficult academic month. There were just more pressing matters at hand which forced me to abandon those books and now I kind of feel like I have to reread in order to finish it. Meh.
So during the month of September, I finished a total two books and both of them were Ebooks and New Adult Contemporaries.
As I have mentioned before I did start Truthwitch by Susan Dennard and If I Stay by Gayle Forman but I’ll probably only get back into them once I have finished Empire of Storms by Sarah J Maas. (EoS better get me out of this damn slump!)
At the beginning of September I attended the Open Book Festival and got:
- The Book of Phoenix by Nnedi Okorafor – Biotechnology, genetically modified protagonist? That is over enough to intrigue me.
- What Sunny Saw in the Flames by Nnedi Okorafor – POC female protagonist, magic school, and Africa witchcraft. YAS!
I also visited the Bargain Book Factory and got a bunch of books for under R200 and you guys know how I cannot resist well priced books:
- Where She Went by Gayle Forman – Melancholy, chamber music and rock ‘n roll. Where the tissues at?
- Shadow of the Night by Deborah Harkness – That moment when you get home and realised you just bought book two in a series…
- The Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare – Another magic school!
- The Copper Gauntlet by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare – And the magic keeps coming.
- Talon by Julie Kagawa – DRAGONS! SHAPESHIFTING DRAGONS! OMGEEEEE!
- Rogue by Julie Kagawa – MORE DRAGONS! YAAAASSS!